Saturday, November 18, 2017

My Yoga Nidra (R) Meditation experience!

I attended a guided meditation called "Yoga Nidra Divine Sleep Meditation".

Please allow me to share my experience with you. It started out with a slide show explaining the process and it was very intriguing. Wendy, the instructor did a great job telling us what to expect and how it might feel. We then created and intention individually and wrote it down. Then Wendy talked about the different layers of ourselves and which "self" will be in tune with each section of the meditation. We all then went on our backs, under the snuggly blankets, and Wendy came around and put lavendar on our temples. She rang the singing bowl several times as she guided us through the process. It was so interesting! I felt hyper aware of my body and feeling and breathing but I totally lost concept of time. I was not sleeping but was not really awake.

Our journey consisted of feeling all the parts of our body separately, which I was able to do. Starting with each individual finger and working through the entire right side of the body and then the left.  It felt kind of tingly and warm. Then we imagined a staircase and with each step and each breath we counted backwards from 10 . I remember Wendy was telling us something but I was still counting steps. I listed to her voice but kept counting.  Then we were told to feel heavy and light opposites. I was able to feel so heavy that I could just melt into the yoga mat.  When asked to feel light on the other hand, that was not as easy. I felt lighter than heavy (is that weird?) but I was never able to experience the feeling of floating.  Then came hot and cold...  I really liked the hot. The room was warm, but just warm enough, so hot was realaxing and cold was slightly uncomfortable.  We ended the practice with visualization. She would state things like a bald eagle and a shamrock and we had to visualize that thing with our third eye.  It was  truly an amazing experience that I would certainly try again.

Then I had the  most amazing night of sleep. I am a good sleeper. I sleep 7 or more hours everynight but sometimes wake up once or twice. This particulat night I did not wake up or even toss and turn. I was truly such a blissful nights rest.

If you ever have the opportunity to experience such an amazing pleasure, don't haste! Do it with wonder!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment