Friday, August 10, 2018

You Can Do Hard Things

You can do hard things. It's a simple thought that can be taken so much further. Sometimes I workout alone and I need to keep my head in the game. There's no one to pace me and no coach to encourage me. I love it and I hate it. It's a moment in time where I can only think to myself. I talk to myself and even count out load. I don't care because in that moment I get to remind myself ...  I can do hard things.  There's a mantra in there too.  I can do hard things. The mantra is often followed by laser focus. The mantra varies from time to time based on how I feel and what I'm doing. It's start with having a role model. I happen to look up to Sara Sigmundsdotir. I often say to myself "Sara wouldn't complain" OR "Sara wouldn't slow down" OR Sara wouldn't give up" or whatever in that moment is my hurdle. So let's look at yesterday. 10 rounds for time and it looked so manageable. 10 rounds of self discipline to finish the task as fast as possible. As fast as possible and with good form and proper range of motion. 10 rounds was challenging for everyone. This was not just a mental game ... it required humility to struggle through. It was fun to watch the anguish be overcome! Awesome job #warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment